Friday, December 16, 2011

Clarins Everlasting Foundation

I'm a sucker for a shiny, big, digitally enhanced ad :) It's the main reason of why I tend to gravitate towards the big cosmetic labels.

I've never thought of Clarins as a makeup brand… skin care, yes, but not color. That is, until I received a sample of the "world's best foundation" :), which made me realize I've been passing up on some quality product.

Since then I've been slowly exploring the line. So far 4 products, two I purchased, and two were gift with purchase. Over the coming days I'll talk about all four, but today I'll start of with foundation.

Now it's not the sample I got, reason being, once the SA applied this on my face I was so happy with the result, I decided this is the one I need.

Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF 15 comes in 6 shades (I don't know why the range is so limited). I am shade 105 Nude (as it says on my bottle)… on the website 05 is Cream (not sure what's with the discrepancy either).

The packaging is sleek and glam. A pretty rectangular frosted glass bottle, toped with  a gold cap, with a little "C" logo, impressed into the edge of the cap.

The distinctive feature of this product is it's staying power, a claim of 15 hours of hold thanks to their "High Fidelity System" (uhhhh once again I didn't know what in the world they were talking about). Few clicks, and…
"High Fidelity System : an innovative film that ensures long-hold.
« Light-Optimizing» complex : ensures complexion radiance.
Plant-based micro-patch: controls moisture to keep skin toned and comfortable.
Triple protection against free radicals, pollution and UV rays."
Sounds really, really, good to me :)

This is a full-coverage foundation. If you are not into full coverage, you can mix it with your moisturizer to sheer it out. The consistency is creamy and I find it pretty easy to work with. My favorite way to apply it is with a brush, one pump is more than enough for my whole face. I love the way it looks on, it covers and blends in, and doesn't appear flat and doesn't feel heavy or mask-like.

There is only one slight con. It has a bit of a plastic like scent that some refer to as mango or melon??? maybe my olfactory senses are off…, however it disperses rather quickly… so it's a tiny con.

As for wear? Well not 15 hours... but 10 for me is a huge bonus.

Anywho at $41.00 CAD it's pricey but not the priciest, and since it meets all my expectations… I have no regrets about this purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I have been hearing such great things about Clarins foundations lately I feel like I am missing out. Like you I think of Clarins as more of a skincare brand..

    ReplyDelete