Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Urban Decay - all nighter - long lasting makup setting spray... and OMG!!!! my camera is busted!!!

Well this is going to be one of my shortest reviews ever. I picked this up while waiting in line at Sephora... Their pre-register "candy" can be so irresistible sometimes.  I saw this little, bottle and I was curious, so I bought it.... and... it was not my cup of tea... my face actually got kind of greasy with it on... I will not purchase the full sized version.   

In other news on Dec. 3rd my sis and I went to visit our oldest sis, her hubby and two of the most adorable munchkins ever.

Whenever we get to see them, we whip out our cameras and turn into aunt paparazzi. I don't think anyone in our family has ever been photographed as much as these two.

So anyways Saturday, five pictures in and my Nikon D40 which I've had for years will no longer take pics instead I see this error on the screen "Error. Press shutter release button again." Well you can press the button all you want… it won't release nothing.

I've found instructions online on how to deal with the problem. But the idea of opening and fiddling with my camera makes me all sweaty, hands get all clammy, and my heartbeat doubles in speed.

Thankfully I married a guy who took charge of the situation. Camera is currently being serviced by a professional. Might as well clean the whole unit. We'll see how much that will set me back.

If it turns out to be ridiculously expensive, and this problem should occur again… I will attempt the 'do it yourself online solution'. In the meantime keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well, and starting a "new camera" savings fund just in case :) 

4 comments:

  1. My sis had spied this all night stuff online recently and was really tempted by it but there don't seem to be many good reviews out there! I'm kinda skeptical of anything you actually apply over the top of makeup to make it last! :)

    Totally sucks about the camera :( Hope it isn't too hard to fix. I've had a few disasters over the last couple of years and my best friend has used online guides to fix my camera, nintendo ds and ipod. Not too bad considering he's never actually worked with those kinda things! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope your camera gets fixed soon. I know exactly the pain and horror of having a camera break down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about your camera.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, Kristie, t

    not having my camera is driving me a bit nutty... luckily i snapped quite a few photos of stuff I want to write about before it happened... I hope to get it back, before I run out of my pictures :)

    ReplyDelete