Saturday, January 28, 2012

Aveda Hand Relief™

2011 was the year of L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream, it was my favorite. But 2012 is turning out to be the year of Aveda Hand Relief.

By the end of December I was running low on L'Occitane, I was going to repurchase it. However first I went for my last haircut with Trinh. As I was patiently waiting, I glanced over, and next to me was this tube of cream to sample. So I did… love at first rub.

First, this cream has a fresh light citrus (lemony) scent; and I mean light, it quickly dissipates once rubbed in, but it is oh so pleasant. Second it moisturizers like no other hand cream I've ever tried… I am beyond in love with this product. It's thick and creamy and using it has not only improved the look of my hands and cuticles, but nails as well. They are no longer splitting, but growing out nicely. I honestly think it's thanks to this gorgeous concoction.

Of course all this goodness comes with a price tag, $28 CAD for 125ml tube… pricey, but dry cracked winter knuckles are much more painful. Currently I am toting this around with me in my purse, have one in my bathroom, and soon a third tube will make an appearance on my work desk.

Some say that they find this cream to be a bit greasy… not I… but then again I am an all consuming cream/moisturizer/butter sponge…. It is possible that you may not be able to snap your fingers right after using it (wait a few minutes :)), soft, smooth, moisturized hands are worth it :)

Sorry L'Occitane, it seems Aveda has you beat. (Aveda also has a foot lotion, that I'm really tempted to try… as soon as I use up my current fave by L'Occitane :))


On a totally unrelated note. Lately I've been obsessed with heat, specifically Sriracha and Sambal Oelek hot sauces, I eat it on practically everything… can't get enough. Jay is amazed at how quickly I go through a bottle. One day while having dinner together….

Jay: I got you some hot salsa….
Me (as I'm drowning my food in hot sauce): I don't like hot salsa, it's too hot, I like medium, always medium salsa.
Jay: I hate you….
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment