Thursday, January 19, 2012

CHANEL: Blush Horizon de CHANEL - Soft Glow Blush

While purchasing some nail polish at the CHANEL counter, my gaze was drawn to this blush from Spring 2012 line up. It is limited edition, but I didn't know if I wanted it. Two reasons, one,  I have a few blushes and haven't hit pan on one yet.. and I was terrified of loving it so much, I'd start collecting them. But makeup hoarder side of me won and I walked away with it as well.

It's a beautiful stripped compact, that comes in its own velvet pouch along with a brush encased in another velvet pouch. The brush is useless, when I tried swatching with it, it started to shed, but the blush is gorgeous.
 In the photos below I attempted to swatch individual stripes, but since they are on the thin side it was rather hard. Also I will not wear a stripe on it's own, but blend them all together for as perfectly pink cheek.

First photo individual stripes on the left; all blended to the right of the blue dot. Picture taken during daylight, but it was slightly overcast.
 Second photo, color all blended together to the left of the blue dot; to the right individual shades (but I think I'm missing one). Photo taken in the evening with flash.
 I love wearing this, color is gorgeous. It is a bit on the powdery side, and I tend to dust up the whole compact when blending the shades... I think I just need to slow myself down, and gently pull the brush through vs swirling it like I'm sweeping the floor :) No regrets with this purchase... a lot of love... staying away form the CHANEL counter until at least April :)


And the wonderful darling d has the Cute Blog Award to me. Thank you so much, for thinking my blog was worthy :)
As always there are some pointers to follow :)

1. Link back to the person who awarded you. - done
2. Answer the award questions. - done
3. Tell something about yourself that you haven't told anyone on your blog yet. - I really wanted to be a writer, but I'm much better with numbers
4. Award as many blogs as you think worthy of this award - everyone listed to the right... picking a few gives me too much anxiety
5. Make sure to let these you gave this award to know that you awarded them. - see 4

The Award Questions:
1. What is your go to make-up brand?
I don't have one, that would be a restriction and I wouldn't be able to deal with it. But the dominant brands in my drawer are Laura Mercier, CHANEL, Dior, YSL, Lancome.
2. What was your favourite fashion trend of 2011?
I loved the color blocking... I just couldn't quite figure out how to pull it off :)
3. What is your favourite dessert? 
Jason's vegan chocolate cake... mmmmm or OMG chocolate vegan cupckakes :)
4. Favourite colour?
Gray, pink, navy... in that order :)
5. What is your middle name?
skip - but it starts with M
6. What's the last song you listened to?
Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars
7. Cats or dogs?
I have both, can't choose :)

2 comments:

  1. I love all your Chanel buys! I saw this blush and loved it too, unfortunately I'm not allowing myself to buy anything for a few months :P Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had your willpower :) For me to stay away, I need to be locked up... but I made myself a promise no more CHANEL until April, I hope I can stick with it.

      Delete