Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow Palette in Topaz Mosaic

As I mentioned yesterday, EL strayed from the mainstream for spring, and instead of putting out pastels they went with beautiful desert neutrals. How could I not want this??? This is my second 5-shadow palette from EL. My first one I acquired last spring :)

EL produces one heck of a quality shadow. Beautifully pigmented, lasting, rich, soft, finely milled… nothing disappoints. I'm even sweet on the packaging. The palette feels sturdy and well made. I have no use for the applicators that are included, but I must say I appreciate the variety; and I keep them along with the plastic cover. 

Now for the swatches:





Combination of eye looks are numerous, but this is a look I tried this past weekend and I liked it a lot (but I didn't photograph it, as we were running late). I didn't come  up with it, I read a review on EL website from a person who had her makeup done at an EL counter somewhere with the following color combo, so I followed the instructions as they were listed :)…

Primer: I used Laura Mercier in Linen (the reviewer had Ivory Lace from EL put on her lids)
Lid: coral
Outer corner: burgundy
Blend: light beige
Inner corners: yellow
Brow bone: pale shimmery peach
Eyeliner: teal eye khajal
Black mascara

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful palette. Estee Lauder eyeshadows are great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love this xx it looks fab xx Thanks for the follow xx Im now following you through gfc and bloglovin xx follow me back through bloglovin xx You have a fab blog xx I now really want this palette in my life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you welcome, and I will for sure, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. i love EL products & these colours are right up my street :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know this is a very versatile palette :)

      Delete
  4. OOHH off tot he EL counter now lol!Lovely swatches hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice colours. I like eyeshadow palettes as you can create more than one look.

    xxx

    THE BLACK PEARL

    ReplyDelete