Sunday, January 29, 2012

It Cosmetics Most Beautiful You Set

I've been reading up on this company for a while now. In a nutshell, It Cosmetics works with plastic surgeons to perfect their products. They are aimed at covering up, while being gentle for sensitized skin, and of course looking natural. You know it's the association with MDs that had me convinced this a legitimate product I must try :)
Purchased Jan. 19th from the Shopping Channel. This set was the Showstopper that day at $49.57 CAD.
Individual item price breakdown in this set is as follows:
• Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer (0.28oz/8g) - $29.00
• Dual Airbrush Concealer Brush - $29.95
• Airbrush Illuminating Powder (0.23oz/6.3g) - $29.95
• Illuminating Wand Ball Brush - $48.00
• Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil (0.0056oz/0.16g) - I'm not sure

But even without the brow pencil the retail value of all these items is $136.90… $50.00 seemed like a good deal.

I chose shade Neutral Medium as according to "It" brand 70% of us fit this shade. I'm definitely not porcelain so I skipped light, and I'm not tan, since I avoid sun and tanning salons :)

As I play with each item I'll post reviews. Today I'm just going to ramble on a bit about the brushes included in this set first.

What I really wanted was the Heavenly Luxe Powder Brush, but i'm not willing to pay $50 for it alone… maybe it will be a part of their next Showstopper :)

What I got is Dual Airbrush Concealer Brush. This thing is great. It is fully retractable on the rounded side, and has caps to protect the brushes at each end. One end is rounded, one end is flat. Together they apply, blend, and buff in your concealer for that airbrushed look that we all (well I do anyways) try to achieve. The ease of portability of this brush makes it one of my current favorites.
  
Illuminating Wand Ball Brush is an awesome powder brush. It has a relatively short handle, but I kind of like the way it fits my hand. This brush has longish bristles shaped into a dome. I really like the container it came in, great for travel. It is also incredibly soft, and dense but not dense enough to be suitable for liquid foundation (I wouldn't do it). However setting your makeup using loose powder and this brush is a pleasure. Like plush bunnies tickling your face :)
Both brushes are synthetic (vegan), so no bunnies were harmed :). They alone were worth the purchase, no regrets :)

2 comments:

  1. These look great. I love the fact they are good for sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete