Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lush: Coalface Cleanser

I received a little sample of this on one of my visits to Lush. I'm not big on soap face bars, but since I received it I decide it to use it.

According to Lush website charcoal used in this soap comes from a sustainable woodland in the UK. It's properties are beneficial for oily skin types as it absorbs excess sebum, and the grainy texture helps exfoliate the skin. It also contains antibacterial and moisturizing liquorice.

It lathers up gently, it melts nicely but it is a bit rough. I didn't like the coal/ash scent, but I got used to it as the days went by. It left my skin feeling clean, with no soapy residue. I wasn't sold on it as a face cleanser due to the grainy texture, I'm more likely to use it as a body cleanser. For my face I prefer chemical vs physical exfoliator. But since it didn't break me out, maybe I should revisit that decision.

I think I'll pick up a chunk of this stuff again. The tiny sample has grown on me. No breakouts, clean skin, and the price isn't outrageous either $12.95 CAD for 100g.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love to try that now that I've actually seen somebody review it :) I was kind of skeptical when the first introduced me to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I wasn't too sure about it either, but it was a pleasant surprise

      Delete