Monday, February 20, 2012

Beauty Blender

I've been shopping around for it for months now. But everywhere I looked it was $26.00 CAD, for one bloody sponge… plus taxes, and shipping it was just too much to pay for a pink egg.

I never thought to look on the Shopping Channel until I purchased my It cosmetics set and decided to browse the beauty section before checking out. I was so surprised to find it there… free shipping… and two sponges for $28.00 CAD. (One for $21.00… so you see I had to get the double set).

The way I use my sponge, is, I apply my foundation first, either using my fingers or brush. Then wet the sponge, wring it out so it's barely damp, and bounce it all over my face. It neatly smooths out, and evens out my coverage.

I've been using all kinds of foundation brands with this method, and it all works and looks better after the Beauty Blender face bounce. So I understand the hype now.

I own an egg shaped sponge by Sephora so lets do a tiny comparison.

When you wet your BB sponge it swells up. Even after you wring it out, it still remains big, as seen in the pic below. Sephora sponge is much smaller than BB and wet or dry it remains the same size. Bigger sponge, faster work, plus BB is so much more softer... BB worth the money :)

and still time to enter my SHU UEMURA GIVEAWAY! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Lucy for the review. The way you reviewed it really made me become interested in this product. I have heard the hype but never really paid attention to the beauty blender. I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they hype got to me, it's a nice little sponge to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really curious to try the BB out, but I don't know if I want to spend that much on an egg-shaped sponge with a limited life. I haven't ever used just normal cosmetics sponges to apply my foundation either, probably should give that a go first. Glad to hear you've been getting good results from your BB, and yay for finding 2 for $28 with free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wasn't willing to pay over $20 for one, but I gave in for two :) i think these will have a pretty good life span.. well at least I hope so :)

      Delete