Saturday, February 11, 2012

CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL - Bronzing Makeup Base

If you are even a bit of a makeup junkie, you have heard of this product :) and if you own it, you most likely love it to bits.  I've had this for a few months now, and at the beginning I wasn't sure how to use it... I'm a bit on the pale side, and I had fears of going overboard without realizing that I did....
 the container is very generous, big enough for you to get a good swirl with your favorite bronzing brush...
 the texture... that unique hybrid, of cream-gel... very mouse-like airy and light... and I stuck my finger in it before taking a picture first (gave myself a good mental scolding for that faux pas)
 now for color swatches... it comes of a bit orange, but I did do a heavy swatch for color to show up... with the right brush and a light hand, this looks gorgeous on the skin...
 CHANEL suggest that one may use this under foundation as an allover kiss of color on the skin... but I haven't been tempted... I use it as a spot bronzer, hollows of the cheeks, temples, bridge of nose :) with a very light hand...
 the product pricey at $48 USD but you need such a small amount each time, that I don't see myself repurchasing this for at least 5 years... and by then I might be over it :)

7 comments:

  1. I need some Chanel in my life. I only own a couple of products from them and there's so much yet to explored...
    This is gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way... today on their website, I glimpsed an upcoming limited edition Las Vegas themed line... I hope to get my hands on the nail polish... and the compact is extremely tempting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, have sent you an email ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you have the nicest things. I've had my eye on this for a while but always considered myself too fair for it... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was kind of nervous that this universal shade will prove too dark, but it's just perfect :)

      Delete
  5. what brush could you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use one I got from Origins years ago, it's big, it's soft, and it does the job. I haven't tried any others so I can't really make a recommendation. Sorry :)

      Delete