Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eye Crayon

While I don't look anything like the EL model used in the spring 2012 campaign… I loved her eyes, and deluded myself into thinking I can do it, and more importantly pull it off. There are two limited edition pencils included in the spring collection: black and teal. They are short, fat, and sharpened to ridiculous pointy tips.

Each comes with it's own sharpener… love it, the sharpeners that is. But there will be some product waste, however these are soooo worth it…
Colors are intense, formula a winner. Very soft and buttery, no tugging or pulling on your eyelid when applying these. Both shades are matte (love), and super easy to blend. Last all day when applied as a lower or upper liner, longevity is shorter on the water line, but it was still there after 8 hours somewhat (I had no need to reapply).

These two EL pencils rank right up there with Giorgio Armani eye pencils for me (all time faves). The creamy intense formula is simply outstanding.
Also and this is a personal thing, I find these to be the best for tightlining… I  have serious lack of coordination when it comes to lining my upper water line… usually I just poke myself, my eyes will start to water, I start to blink uncontrollably… but with this I look to the side, and with one quick swipe, I am done. Formula is very comfortable to wear.

When I lined my upper waterline with black and my lower with teal, as I blinked color transferred and my teal became a blackened teal… I loved the look… But beware if you're going for a crisp teal look :)

These pencils were worth the splurge… EL has done a great job… a beauty hoarders must have :)

7 comments:

  1. These look great! I'm loving my max factor eye liner at the moment, it's very smooth and easy to apply!

    Great blog - I've just started following!
    Feel free to check out my posts :)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy... I love a product that works... I haven't tried anything by Max Factor yet :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about Kajal liners. I'm so glad to hear they are comfotable to wear! The teal looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always worried about putting anything on my waterline, for fear that it will make my eyes water... I love these two pencils :)

      Delete
  3. these look really good. How much are they each hun? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are gorgeous but a bit pricey for pencils, they retail for $22 USD ($26 CAD) each... but I'm not regretting my splurge :)

      Delete
  4. This looks good, I'm always on the hunt for good eye pencils that stay put.

    ReplyDelete