Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laura Mercier Corner Faux Lashes

I love fake lashes, love them… well I love how they look on others, I don't know how to wear them myself.

For my wedding I had individual fake lashes, but they were applied by a professional… it looked awesome, but it seemed like a lot of work to make sure both eyes are even :)

I decided to start slow and got myself a pair of semis. I probably should have shopped around more, because these set me back $22.00 CAD ($18.00 USD). That seems like a lot for only one pair and some black adhesive.

But with shaky hands, and no clue I stuck these to the outer corners of my eyes one day. The effect was subtle, I don't think anyone even knew I had these on. Even I had hard time telling the difference if I quickly glanced in the mirror :) Still these are a nice fake lash baby step for newbies. The package says they're good for 7 wears… mmmm ok… I don't know if I should take that literally.

Overall these are definitely my kind of lashes, there, but not really, until I'm ready to graduate to something fuller… I just don't think I'd repurchase these specifically, because the price tag seems kind of steep for only 7 wears.

By the way black eyelash glue does not come out of a white towel… it just doesn't.

6 comments:

  1. A popular brand of eyelashes I have used is Eyelure - they are really good and do lots of different sizes and style. Highly recommend them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tia... I'll look them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. never really wear false eye lashes, to much hussle :) but the Laura Mercier look quite nice though... so natural... great review though!
    x Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree they are a hassle and I only pull them out for super special occasions :)

      Delete
  4. I like corner lashes too. I didn't realize that LM made fake lashes! Kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are kind of nice even if they are kind of pricey :)

      Delete