Monday, February 6, 2012

Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen

I'm done with my Too Faced eyelid primer, simply done. I loved it at first but now I really dislike this product. I don't know maybe I got a bum version, but this stuff was constantly splitting, it was runny, kind of oily, greasy, and eventually I did not enjoy using it at all. My lids deserve better. I did use it up, simply because I couldn't throw out something I paid good money for… although this is one of those items I should have simply donated to my garbage can.

But pay no mind to my rant, and don't take my opinion as gospel, there is a following out there for this stuff, a holy grail item for some… so what do I know about it anyways:)

Moving on, when the time came to try another, I set my sights on Laura Mercier (By the way did you know CHANEL in TO, well at least at Holt Renfrew does not have an eyelid primer???? Am I the only one who is confused by this?). After a couple of swatches I chose Linen. It is a tad lighter than my skin tone, but my eyelids are a tad darker than the rest of my face, so it all balances out in the end.
I love products that have clear packaging. I like knowing what's left in the bottle or tube. LM packaging is sleek and simple. The applicator is a doe-foot sponge, it works for me. No I'm not really worried about germs and such… clean hands, clean face, before application… The product is matte and creamy, it adheres to my lids and stays there, keeping any shadow I layer over it in place as well.

I dot a bit of this product on my lids each morning and blend it out with a brush. I find it does a better job than my fingers. It's highly pigmented and instantly lightens and brightens my eyes.
Overall I'm one happy girl. I paid $27 CAD for it. Some may say pricey but I say worth it, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment