Thursday, February 23, 2012

Matter Company: Heat Rub

This little sample tin was purchased at the One of a Kind Show in November. I run, sometimes I get achy. I wanted something for my muscles that was warming, but not burning.

A quick glance at the ingredient list, had me curious enough to try it: mustard oil, cayenne pepper, ginger root, mustard seeds, beeswax, essential oils of eucalyptus, cayenne, camphor, peppermint & rosemary, thymol crystals.

This stuff is really, really, nice if you like stuff that feels warm on  your skin. It's a gentle soothing heat, it never burns or starts to feel uncomfortable… well it does if you have a cut on your skin :) or if you just exfoliated the heck out of your calf and then decided to slather this on :) But otherwise, it's like a nice warm compress… it feels goooood :)

The scent is spicy but mellow at the same time… which is great, because I don't want to smell like a cayenne pepper and camphor :)

I have also used this on my hands and my feet, when they get really cold… works wonders to bring my digits up to temperature again. Although it is greasy, so you'll leave smudgy fingerprints on anything you touch :) I recommend sitting still, watching some tube and enjoying a glass of something, while the heat works it's magic.

and check out my SHU UEMURA GIVEAWAY! 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting product!
    Don't think I own anything that's similar to this, so am going to investigate :-D
    I don't run and my muscles never really ache, but I imagine this type of product would be soothing.
    A warm compress? Yes please!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lately I've just been combining it with my foot cream every single night... I've grown really attached to it :)

      Delete
  2. I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award!

    Go Check it out

    http://jenelizlouise.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete