Monday, February 13, 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Sample

The best things are free :) I do not own any YSL lipsticks... I've heard a lot about them, but never actually purchased one... I was happy to receive this sample and try a couple of shades first...
 this mini sample came with little lip brush, that I did not use to swatch with... I prefer my own lip brush... this seemed too small and a bit flimsy for the job...
 all the shades looked very promising...
 First I swatched these on my arm, and oh wow I was instantly won over by the texture... very creamy and smooth
 Then I sampled them on my lips.  Consistency comfortable, soft, luxurious...
First on my lips Beige Tribute N°10... and as I said I was won over by the formula, but not by the color. This is not me... too pale... I looked a bit washed out, and sickly... It's a pretty shade, just not my shade...
 Second sample... Rose Stiletto N°9, and this is totally me...love this pretty Rose...
 last Le Rouge N°1, a bright dramatic red... love it, but once again this shade is not really me... I have a couple of reds already... it's not exactly an everyday color for me...
so first impression of YSL Rouge Pur Couture is very favorable, I understand the following these lippies have... one of these days I'll spoil myself with one...

12 comments:

  1. These lipsticks sound great, I love the red shade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love it too... I just wouldn't wear it often enough :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ever since this sample swatch I've been craving a YSL lippie... I don't know if I'll be able to hold out for much longer :)

      Delete
  3. I love Rose Stiletto, looks lovely on you!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look stunning! And Rose stiletto is perfect on you and seems it suits many skin shades. Thank you for the swatches! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that shade is a universal beauty :)

      Delete
    2. All these colors are absolutely beautiful! I don't own any YSL makeup but I've had great things about their lipsticks..and the packaging especially is very cute!

      Thanks for the post!

      xoxo Aisha

      Delete
    3. i've heard great things about their lipsticks too, but i was still so surprised at their great quality

      Delete
  5. Thank you for joining my blog I am now following yours which I love btw
    xxx

    Tia

    ReplyDelete