Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bite Vitamin Gel

It was one of those days few months back, where I was in need of a lip balm and tempted to try something new. At Sephora I spotted this product, each balm retailed for $21 CAD  ($18 USD) but a box of 3 (full sized tubes) for only $32 CAD ($28 USD)… so I grabbed myself a box after I read the fine print :)

The list of what's not included in these balms had me nodding yes :)
NO: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan 

And a couple more blurbs from Sephora.com:
"This moisturizing gel contains mood-enhancing essential oils and a high dose of multivitamins, making this lip treatment a daily must. With every application, a micro delivery of super antioxidant resveratrol provides lips with age-repairing benefits. Each gel contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine."

I love red wine, and I've heard about resveratrol… sold… but "mood-enhancing" hmmmm what if I'm in a bad mood? :)

Also:
"This product is free of synthetics, polybutenes, and petroleum byproducts and made exclusively with lip nurturing food-grade ingredients that are healthy enough to eat."

My package had three flavors: Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange, and Mint. The scent is very subtle. Mint does not have that tingly feeling that I associate with all mint products. I also ate some :) Well it does say 'healthy enough to eat' :) flavor was good :) but it's not something I'd do on regular basis.

Now moving on to the heart of this review. I like the packaging, simple and convenient. Although I gave one of these balms to Jay, and he had his cap broken in two days… I don't know if it was faulty (the two that I'm using are just fine, however I keep them at home, and don't lug them around with me) or if it was simply due to the cleavers he has for hands :P  I read some Sephora reviews and it seems a lot of people find fault with the packaging, I suppose it's not him it's the product….
As for the balm, it feels very nice upon application. Moisturizing  and comfortable. As I said the fragrance and flavor are very subtle and pleasant. The product does not feel greasy and is not sticky. Good stuff… except that it does not last. I find myself reapplying constantly… like every hour (and I'm not eating or drinking). I don't know how this product disappears so quickly… when I use it before bedtime, in the morning my lips are feeling a bit parched and dry, not moisturized and plump the way I expect them to.
So overall, marketing spiel is great… I was sold on it… but the product is not a winner in my book… will use up what I have, but no repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment