Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

I purchased this cream over a month ago for $35 CAD (+ taxes), and have been using it daily since under my right eye. Under my left eye I continued to use Lancôme's Génifique Eye, which retails for $80 CAD. I must say I did not purchase Lancôme, Jay brought it home one day. I just wanted to see if there is a difference in product and results.

First Kiehl's eye cream is so incredibly rich and creamy. If you feel like your under eye area is dry and tight, this will fix it right up. I was worried that it will clog my pores and cause those small white under eye breakouts, but it didn't. You need a minuscule amount, it does not travel, it soothes, hydrates, and feels so light. On the other hand Lancôme cream is kind of on the thin side, it absorbs (dissipates) quite quickly and I don't feel the hydration... its consistency kind of disappoints me.

Neither one has any fragrance, that's a plus. After more than a month of daily use both my eye areas still look the same, there doesn't seem to be any drastic difference between one and the other. Maybe years of use would show which one is superior, but I'm not planning on paying $80 for a product when I'm in love with a $35 one.

Plush Kiehl's Avocado eye cream is rated "Fave" on their site, and it's because once you try it, you'll find yourself coming back for it. 

I use it at night, just because it's so creamy and thick, I don't know how it would play with my rushed morning routine. Plus I like to leave myself a window to try new products :)

2 comments:

  1. Great review - thanks! I'm always on the lookout for eye creams!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :) loving this right now, but always wondering if there is something better out there :)

      Delete