Monday, March 5, 2012

MAC: Tendertone Lip Balm form the Cook collection

MAC Cook line came out March 1st... I didn't know about it until I saw some photos and reviews on other beauty blogs. Decided to check it out on Saturday (March 3rd)... because I really wanted to try the tendertones... heard so many great things about them.  This gloss-balm combo with spf 12 used to be part of the permanent line... now they just make appearances every now and then, and sell out in record time... Cook line had 4 tendertones... all 4 are sold out online. 

When I swatched them at the first MAC store I hit on Saturday.. I wanted 3. They only had two: Thread Gently and Purring... at my 4th MAC store I finally stumbled upon Hot 'N' Saucy, there were 3 left on the shelf, I bought two :)

The packaging is really sweet... pink checkered sleeves with blue MAC logo...
 the box inside is white with embossed MAC logo and black description...
 the tendertones... as I said I have two of Hot 'N' Saucy so I saw no need to include both...
 the gorgeous gloss-balms:
orange shade: Purring
red shade: Hot 'N' Saucy
yellow shade with fine glitter: Tread Gently
 they smell wonderful... like watermelon or strawberries or both :)
 and swatches... the shades are sheer and beautifull...
 I've only had them for a couple of days, but I have to say, they are very comfortable to wear, non-sticky, moisturizing, creamy... glad I got my self some...
on the lips the color payoff is very sheer, barely there, so even the orange is very wearable, and the shine is very pretty

The winner of my Shu Uemura giveaway will be announced tomorrow :)

14 comments:

  1. yayyyy u got the tendertones! I got 2 want more too loll! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes couldn't pass them up... can't stop wearing them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purring looks so pretty! I'm trying to stay away as far as possible from the MAC counters, but... but... but... Who knows what may happen... ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually never drawn to MAC limited editions, just because they have so many... there is always something... but I could not pass up on the tendertones... one because I didn't own any prior to now... and two I think I got caught up in the tendertone hype :) however they are lovely and I have no regrets about owning 4 :)

      Delete
  4. Lucy Help me! I already have tread gently and hush, hush tendertone, I'm trying to stop myself from buying the hot n saucy one, do I really need it? I used tread gently today and really really love it! U purchased TWO of hot n saucy? should I get it lol? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I purchased two of the same shade because I always missed out on tendertones before... I chose hot n sauce because this shade is selling out like crazy in Toronto, and I went to 4 different MAC stores to find it... it also appealed to me most... gives my lips a nice flushed look when layered a bit :)

      With all the lip products out there, of course you don't need it... you either control or give in to the greedy "want it" monster inside you :) I give in more often than not :)

      Delete
    2. lol your so right about the monster! I think I will give in because I remember the body shop balms being so goopy and thick and hard but these are so smooth and soft to touch. I have a childhood bond with lip balms I use to collect them. I'll let you know if I actually drive all the way to MAC just for this! xx

      Delete
    3. I agree these are some of the best textured balms ever... i'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake passing on Hush :)

      Delete
    4. YEH U DID! LOLLLL im seriously not helping myself or anyone else ! Im even considering purring lollll I am so sad! x

      Delete
    5. hahaha I keep telling myself that it has sold out so there is no point in going to MAC... and remind myself that MAC has always another collection coming out, eventually they'll have more tendertones :)

      Delete
    6. I got hot n saucy !!! woo hoo! I tried to get purring too but that was totally sold out! I can finally sleep peacefully, it's amazing how one can become so obsessed! Tendertones came after a long time, I didn't want to be suffering for another whole year and a half waiting ! xx

      Delete
  5. loving the look of hot'n saucy :)I like a bit of colour in my lip balms as I'm quite pale and need brightening up!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is my fave, that's why I have two :)

      Delete