Thursday, March 29, 2012

tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

I no longer remember where I heard about this foundation but it was sometime in mid January. Sephora stores in Toronto didn't stock it, I ordered it online in Light (for light skin types with yellow undertones). Not that I needed another foundation in my stash, but something possessed me…

Tarte claims:
1. 12 hour flawless full coverage
2. weightless, blendable, buildable formula
3. reduces the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections
4. amazonian clay is "skin-smart"…. hmmmm… if you're oily it will absorb it, if you're dry it will hold moisture
5. no: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan

This 1.7oz tube set me back $49.00 CAD ($38.00 USD)…ugh… I hate this ugly markup. It is really quite generous tough, most foundations come in 1oz bottles or tubes.

Texture is creamy and mousse like at the same time. Scent non-existent. I didn't purchase the tart foundation brush because I couldn't justify another $40… I figured I should have one that would do the job in my collection.

First impression:

I applied this foundation using my Sigma F80 Angled Kabuki brush (the current personal fave it foundation brush if you ask me). I was in love. I chose the perfect color it matches my skin seamlessly. Foundation felt very light and airy, and it applied so smoothly; it was also incredibly easy to blend. I was so pleased with the whole look after I powdered.

Amazonian clay or not, I needed to blot my t-zone after 3 hours, and the foundation started to deteriorate slightly. By hour 5, some settled into the fissure on my forehead, my face oils just ate it up. Hour 6 t-zone was a mess, but it always is, forehead covered by bangs, cheek are looking ok :) At this point I hit some sort of a foundation plateau, still needed to blot, but it didn't get much worse than that. Hour 8 and beyond, plateau held relatively steady, up close foundation has slightly separated and settled into pores and fine lines… from afar it looked just fine :)

Over the coming days, I played with different primers and once went without and different setting powders. Nothing met with much success. That is until the day I applied it using my Beauty Blender, somehow the foundation held better. I still needed to blot after 4 hours or so, but it didn't settle, and after the eight hour separation was barely noticeable.

I'll continue to use it, I really really want to justify a repurchase because this product just feels so incredibly light... but I don't think I will.... plus I just bought a bottle of CHANEL coverage a few days ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment