Saturday, March 31, 2012

YSL Shocking Mascara - sample

A little sample of a very pricey mascara that claims to add volume to your lashes and give one that false lash effect. Regular priced version retails for $36 CAD ($30 USD)... I've never paid that much for mascara, and at this time don't plan to. But I have nothing against free samples...
Here is the brush, good size, good product amount. It coats my lashes evenly, although one has to be careful or it will clump. I'm enjoying this little tube while I have it, but I won't be running out to get it. One the price is too high for my liking, and two I don't like the scent of this product. I find it to be a powdery flowery kind of fragrance, a bit cloying, and annoying. It dissipates quite quickly, but still it's a bit of a no-no for me.

However overall reviews for this tube of lash tar are quite high on sephora.com and makeupally so I must be one of the few that just wasn't won over. Majority of those who gave it a try love it, so don't let my little post deter you if you were thinking of giving it a go.
 
Below, one eye with, one eye without... make your own judgment if it's worth it or not :)

8 comments:

  1. I wasn't that bothered about this mascara, not worth the price tag I don't think. I think it does make your lashes look good though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree the price is too high :)

      Delete
  2. I bought this in the full size and really enjoyed using it, but recently I got a sample of Chanel Inimitable Noir 01 and OMG it is amazing I think I have found the one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm I have a couple mascara samples from Chanel need to check what they are... never tried a Chanel mascara :)

      Delete
  3. It looks nice on you :) But I agree, I don't think I'd be willing to pay that much for a mascara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice but nothing outstanding.. not willing to spend my money on it :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely looks nice on you regardless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if not for the price I'd be tempted :)

      Delete