Sunday, April 15, 2012

2012 Green Living Show at the Direct Energy Center in Toronto

The Green Living Show is on Apr 13 - 15 at the Direct Energy Center. Jay and I had some free tickets, and my sister volunteered at one of the booths for a couple of hours yesterday. We met up and did a bit of shopping :)

I thought it was going to be a lot of solar powered stuff... and there was... but there were also conservation booths, furniture from reclaimed wood, food booths many of them vegan, eco wines, clothing, jewelry, and of course skin care... and so much more.

We got some food stuff... Jay being a chef and all... and if this was a food blog I'd post about that, maybe I'll show you one thing once it is ready. But for now I'll share my beauty haul...
From Lush:
     - a tub of Charity Pot hand and body lotion. This is just a feel good product, 100% of proceeds from sales got to charity. The company even donates the products and time it takes to make it.
     - Coal Face face soap. A big chunk that was cut into three pieces for me. One of my current faves and must haves for my body.
     - Breath of God toothy tabs.  Sometimes I like to brush my teeth in the middle of the day, and I've had a toothpaste tube explode in my purse before. This is a lovely solution.

Then the rest:
     - CocoVie AHN-Virgin Coconut Oil Shampoo. This 100% natural not tested on animals shampoo smells divine, I couldn't resits it.
     - CocoVie AHN-Virgin Coconut Oil Hand & Body Cream, Rose Petals flavor. Once again the scent was irresistible.
     - Live Clean Exotic Nectar Replenishing Body Lotion with Argan Oil, daily moisture for dry skin. Only $4.00 a tube, and 98% plant ingredients.
     - Green Beaver Company Gardener's Balm Hand & Heels with Canadian organic cranberry oil... The cranberry oil had me sold on it....
     - Cheeky Monkey nail polish. Ummm the names alone can make you blush, cringe, or roll your eyes... but the colors looked pretty tempting and I've decided to try 3: Cheap Whore, Nympho,and Pop My Cherry... I'll let you know how I like them when I try them :)

Some free samples:
     - Fair Trade Foot Lotion form Lush.
     - Live Clean Moisturizing Body Wash.
     - Live Clean Exotic Nectar Restorative Shampoo with Argan Oil.
     - 100% Biodegradable Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloth from Kaia.
     - Cinnamon soap from the Meadow.
     - Solid Hand Cream from Faerhaven.

2 comments:

  1. This haul is awesome. Every thing seems so natural! The food stuff sounds awesome too if it's all natural like this haul. I bet that show was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it was great... I tired to stay within a budget I set for myself, but it was hard, so much great stuff to try...

    ReplyDelete