Saturday, April 21, 2012

bareMinerals Matte mini sample

I got this cute little set at Sephora a while ago. This was not a 100 point trade it, this was a true adorable freebie.

I have never used Bare Minerals before although I know it's all the rage, and has quite a large fan base. My sister uses their makeup and loves it. I was quite happy to try something out I didn't have to pay for.
XThe mini set includes primer, matte mineral foundation in shade fairly light, and the tiniest little kabuki ever. 

I prepped my skin with my usual routine. Primed with Prime Time, a gelish type of a primer that seem to smooth everything out; let is set for a couple minutes, then went to buff town. I used the tiny kabuki, and followed the application instructions I saw on tv once: tap out a bit of the product onto the lid, swirl with brush, buff onto face… due to the tiny size of the brush it took a while, but I was in no rush :)

And I have to say I am not a convert. While the product itself is nice, it doesn't even come close to coverage I want or expect. There is just too much redness, and skin tone unevenness on my face for this to deal with. I need my liquid or cream foundations to bring a semblance of "alright" to my visage.

Personally I feel this product is ideal for someone with an "alright" epidermis or someone who loves mineral makeup and won't use anything else.

I will most likely use this tiny little pot of foundation as a setting powder or pass it on… but I just can't wear it on it's own… it's just too sheer for me.

However I'm going to find a use for this tiny little thing :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice freebie, especially that super cute tiny kabuki! :) And I guess now you know that it's a bit too sheer for you so you won't need to go out and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, many a time i had their set in my hands at sephora, glad I never actually went through with the purchase :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I was wondering about bare mineral products since I need a new powder foundation. Good to know what kind of coverage it produces!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not enough if you like me love coverage :)

      Delete
  3. That is a very tiny brush! Plus, the commercials always made those powders seem like they were full coverage- the disappointment! I hope theprimer has good uses those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I had such high hopes for it... my sisters face always looks so flawless, but I don't think it's due to makeup, it's because her skin is pretty gorgeous to start with, this product just enhances it :)

      Delete