Sunday, April 8, 2012

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

I noticed this little item when it hit the shelves at Sephora a few months back, but I held back. I read reviews, I wasn't swayed either way. Watching a demo of this product on the Shopping Chanel is what finally convinced me to open up my wallet and get myself one (and 15% off deal at Sephora helped as well).

Made without: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan.

Things which make you crave to try this product:
Mask is mineral-rich, it detoxifies, purifies, and brightens, draws out dirt and oil, exfoliates, refines pores, firms skin, and reduces inflammation.
 Oh boy so  much good stuff to look forward to… so one evening it was go time.

I washed and dried my face. Then generously and evenly applied the mask to my face, avoiding my eye area (keeping it below my orbital bone and above my eyebrows). It doesn't really have a scent, so this part was pleasant enough. However you can not skimp out on the product, your face must have a layer of black, not gray, if you sheer it out it defeats the purpose. So this makes this product a bit pricey,  I'm thinking all I will get is 2 to possibly 3 uses out of my 2.8 oz 41 dollar tube ($34 USD).

Anyways face coated with what looks like liquid latex, looking black, wet, and shiny.
Then you wait as this stuff dries. I kept mine on for about 40min, as I got lost in a very good book. Once dried it appears kind of matte. Then gently from the top start to peel the mask from your face. While not very comfortable, this process is kind of satisfying :)
If you applied your mask right, gave it enough time to dry, and peeled gently but evenly, it should all come off in one big piece. If any small traces remain, simply rinse off with warm water.

And your face should feel incredible. All of the benefits above are immediately noticeable. My face was smooth, glowy, more gorgeous than it has been in a long time.
Now I know it is not Halloween, but get ready to get grossed out. The host on the Shopping Channel said first time with this mask is the most shocking. The amount of grime and yuck it removes is really disturbing. Below some of mine :) I know I might have shared just a bit too much here :)
It is recommended to use this stuff once or twice a week. Because of the price vs volume, I'm going to keep it to once a month. Because I love this stuff, but I'm not made out of money yet  :)

Total repurchase, for sure.

6 comments:

  1. All i got to say is you is brave! Lol so funny but so cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I love face masks. I want it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I'm face mask obsessed, especially when I find a really good one

      Delete
  3. I think I need this! I love pulling gunk out of my face with pore strips and this looks like a giant version of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it's disgustingly fabulous :)

      Delete