Sunday, April 29, 2012

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup

I really, really, really, like this foundation. I bought it because of some favorable online reviews and because it's CHANEL, not because I really needed another foundation.

At Holt Renfrew counter my fave SA, Janette applied this with a CHANEL foundation brush, and I was really sweet on the final look. I also think shade 20 Beige is totally right for me. At $55 per bottle, not exactly cheap, but this stuff is so nice. It has a fragrance but it's light and disappears quickly.
My favorite way to apply it is with my Beauty Blender. It gives me the best even finish, and I'm about to do something here, that I haven't done before. I'll give you before and after shots. There are no major breakouts on my face currently, but there is a lot of redness and scarring. My current aim is to even out my skin tone, I don't hold much hope that it will ever become smooth.

So first shot... first thing in the morning... on my face some moisturizer, sun block, primer, Laura Mercier eye basics on eye lids, Clinique Airbrush concealer under the eyes. Looking red, uneven, and a bit puffy, morning is not my favorite time to take pictures :)
Second shot with the addition of Perfection Lumiere only. Keep in mind that this is not the final look, there is still powder, blush, bronzer and eyes to do. Try to get past the washed out look and notice how great this stuff covers and evens out redness and my overall skin tone. I should probably smile more so I don't look so glum in my pictures... but it was early and I was grumpy :) I used about two quick pumps for my whole face, generous portion of which is absorbed by BB.
The foundation sits very comfortably and doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't turn my t-zone into an oily mess after 3 hours. It claims to last 15 hours... not without help. Around hour 6 I notice some slight separation on my chin, but once I blot and lightly powder it all goes back to neutral for a little bit :) By hour 9 I'm usually home and ready to take it off... but I've had it on for close to 15 hours. By then foundation looks worn, a bit uneven, but skin still looks better than with no foundation at all. Glad I splurged on this.

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! This really does cover very well. I bet it's worth every penny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely happy with my purchase :)

      Delete
  2. Your skin is looking amazing sis! both with and without the makeup!

    ReplyDelete