Monday, April 16, 2012

Dior Capture Totale One Essential - Skin Boosting Super Serum

Feb. 7th - Lunch break in front of my computer, browsing the net. Itching for a new skin care product… What I use works for me… still I need to mess with it… improve it, I tell myself.

I find it, a product that claims to work with other products, if applied first before anything else it boost the efficiency of anything you apply after. There was an anniversary limited edition version of it available at the time: 1oz regularly priced at $85 CAD, 1.7oz $125 CAD… but for a brief time Dior released a 2.5oz bottle for $155 CAD… I know still pricey, but at the same time what a deal!

This bottle of wonderful claims to: "detoxify skin cells to powerfully correct all visible signs of aging: wrinkles, loss of firmness, dark spots, and lack of radiance (…) it helps to eliminate more than 7 billion toxins (accumulated in skin each day)." Now that's a lot of gross on our faces… how did they count/measure all these toxins… is there a list one can view? :)

Feb. 7th - Dinner time, I tell Jay about it…
Jay: So you're telling me this, because you already know you'll get it.
Me: Yes…
Jay: Still you want my permission to get it.
Me: Yes…
Jay: You want me to get it for you.
Me: Yes… please :)

As I was getting ready for bed that night, on a hunch I looked through my sample stash, and found a little tube of One Essential… slapped it on, and took pictures. I had about 5 days worth, I decided if in that time I have no adverse reaction I will invest in the full sized version.
 
I wanted to really test it out, and share it with you guys… so that evening I had Jay help me take a picture of the two fissures forming on my forehead. The blue dot is right between the two lines… it's purpose was for the camera to have something to focus on… (you'll see the pics further down)

By Friday every single time I'd find myself in front of a mirror I'd stare, my skin just looked so different... smoother, even... my initial reaction was a bit of a surprise whenever I saw my reflection. Part of me started to wonder if I'm experiencing a placebo effect... you know the product has absolutely no effect, but you want it to so bad, that you see and experience changes... a 'mind over matter' kind of phenomena... In which case if I could convince myself that common dirt is the fountain of youth, I'd be so much richer :) 

Feb. 10 - the limited edition 2.5oz version was in my possession :)
on the left the sleeve... on the right the box that was encased by the sleeve 
 
below the heavy, large, limited edition, bottle of serum
 
look how sizable it is...
 
pump dispenser... the product is a bit thin, has a nice Dior fragrance... and it absorbs really quickly
 
I used this serum twice a day, morning and night, after toner, before anything else. Below pictures of my forehead, taken on day 0, and day 60. These photos were all taken at approximately the same time and in the same light conditions, in the evening, after I have cleansed and moisturized my skin. I have not retouched them in any way… the only picture tampering I did was to put my labels on them. So let's take a look… but warning this is my forehead without any coverage, and really close up :)
Impressions… Well this did not have any effect on the lines. None that I can see, however it's been only 60 days, maybe it takes longer. As of now I'm pairing this with another wrinkle targeting product, and we'll see. I'll post about it in 60 to 90 days :)  I've read reviews where this caused people to temporarily breakout at the beginning of use… I had no major flareups… but we are all different. What I'm actually noting but I don't think you can tell from my pics is that my pigmentation and congestion has cleared up slightly. I'm hoping it only gets better.

Anyways, the only drawback is that the 2.5oz bottle is most likely gone from the shelves, so if you feel compelled to try it out for yourself you won't be able to take advantage of the deal. But I really wanted to do a through review on this… properly… and that took some time. I'm sure you'll be able to score some samples though :)

Bottom line, I'm happy with this purchase, and I'm looking forward to see how this enhancing serum enhances the promised effects of the products I have in mind to try.

2 comments:

  1. this looks a great product!
    I have awarded you a blog award x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm liking it more and more each day.... and thank you so much :)

      Delete