Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dior Capture Totale One Essential Ultra-Detox Treatment Mask

I acquired this mask at the same time I acquired the serum from this range. I did not intend to purchase it. First of all I thought it was a face cream, until I was corrected and informed that is actually a face mask.
 I should have asked how much before I said "I'll take it". But my SA was an angelic 18 year old boy, with impeccable eye makeup, and he was just so enthusiastic, peppy, and nice, that is was impossible to resist his sales spin. His passion for all things Dior was contagious… I was lost… my wallet on the other hand gasped at the $100 charge.
 What is it supposed to do for you?
Well according to Dior, this mask eliminates even the deepest skin toxins, and reduces signs of aging, it plumps and adds luminosity. And according to the very inadequate study done by Dior, 22 women in 6 weeks claim this mask corrected one year's worth of skin damage... I really don't know what that is supposed to mean.
 The boy gave me the impression that this would be a peel off mask, but it isn't. It also doesn't dry on your face. It has the consistency of gel-cream, it doesn't dry down, you can still laugh without worrying that you'll crack or hurt your face while doing so.
 How I use it:
1. Wash and dry face.
2. Apply a think layer evenly over face, avoiding eyes.
3. Leave on until ready to get ready for bed, usually a couple of hours.
4. Wash off, pat dry, moisturize.

Others don't rinse off this mask, simply scrape off the excess after 15-20min with the little plastic spatula provided and let the rest be absorbed by your skin. I just wash it off because I leave it on for so long.

The mask feels cooling and soothing; most of the time I forget I have it on. Once I wash it off, the only way I can describe my face is "relaxed" :)
 I try to use it once a week. When I do there are no post mask breakouts, no tightness, no aggravation, no irritation. Really it's a surprisingly lovely mask. But is worth a whole bill? Well this is the way I justify it to myself... I don't get facials. I don't like anyone picking at my skin, I just have an aversion to strangers touching me (it takes me forever to warm up to anyone, I'm an introvert, I like myself that way). So one facial can easily run you way into 100-something + tip... this jar gives me way more than one use (so far 5 and there is plenty left, at least another 5). Therefore I'm actually saving myself money :)

10 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, but woah the price :P I think it'd be something I'd pine over, but never buy :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think if i knew what it cost first i wouldn't have said yes to it... but even though it's pricey I don't really regret this splurge

      Delete
  2. That's a good cost justification if you think about the price of having a facial :p But goodness, it is pricey! It sounds like a nice product but it is a bit out of my price range. Your comment about the Dior "study" and its inadequacy was funny - every beauty product has to be backed up by some ridiculous statistic designed to lure us in :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the more ridiculous the stat the more curious I am to see if the claims will work on me :)

      Delete
  3. Wow $100!? I faint lol. But I totally understand the justification. If you go to a spa for a facial, it costs the same for only 1 trip, so I think it's not too much for a jar that lasts a while. And thanks for the lovely review. I might have to look into this. ;-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i put up with getting a regular haircut... but professional facials are just not my thing... had a couple in my life, i prefer to do my own :)

      Delete
  4. Omg that was pricey! But facials at home are better for me, I do things while I wait when I do, lol. If it was worth it- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, i love to multi task... or if i'm totally relaxing then I like to read while waiting for my face mask to do it's magic :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Lucy, fun story! That is so steep, however if you do love it, it IS much cheaper than a facial. I love at home treatments too. I can do it whenever--- and as often as I feel like it!

    ReplyDelete