Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

A face wash with really great reviews all around. Once I finished up what I had in the shower I decided to invest in a tube of this. I only use this face wash at night, to remove a day of makeup, grime and pollution from my skin.

Some product info.
This face wash does not contain any: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, or triclosan.
Sales pitch, claims it is good for all skin types as it ideally balances out the oily and dry areas of the face. It achieves this improbable balance with broad leaf kelp extract which prevents excess oil production, and wheat proteins which protect the dry zones. Also this is an interesting marketing sentence "And tourmaline actually makes water wetter to more easily disperse dirt and sebum down the drain."… sigh… 

I use this cleanser in conjunction with my Clarisonic, and while I haven't felt my "water getting wetter", the cleanser is fabulous. It is has a smooth creamy consistency, that lathers up easily under my sonic brush. Leaves my face feeling beautifully soft and clean, without any dryness or tightness. 

The scent is organic. The product contains bergamot, spearmint, and lavender… personally I feel lavender is the dominant fragrance, followed by spearmint, I don't get much of bergamot. But while I say lavender dominates, I don't mean that the scent is overpowering. It's soft and light, and once the suds are rinsed off, it is gone.

It retails for $23 CAD ($19.50 USD) for 5oz worth of product. Money well spent in my opinion. I feel I'll be repurchasing this one in the coming future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment