Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Eyeliner Set - swatches

Color of the season appears to be orange/tangerine. It is bright and loud, and just not very wearable for me other than as nail polish I thought. But on a visit to Sephora, I spotted this set and loved it. What I really wanted was the tangerine pencil only, and if it was sold separately I would have bought two, but it's not so I got the set. I love the other two pencils as well, but I already own similar shades.

First up, the packaging. Gorgeous, if a bit too bulky and wasteful.
 I haven't thrown out the box yet, although the pencils already reside in a cup with all my other eye liners.
 The pencils are twist up which is pretty great; and I haven't taken a picture of it, but the end cap pops off and has a sharpener for the color nib.
 All three casings have sparkle, but only the orange shade has some in its actual formula.
 Swatches from left to right:
- Meteorite, Pantone #19-4008 (black)
- Chestnut, Pantone #19-1118 (brown)
- Tangerine Tango Twist, Pantone #17-1463 (orange)
 Love the feel and glide of these shades... extremely creamy... there is a very small window to smudge before they set.. wear is great, and I can't believe I have an orange eyeliner that I actually love and wear in my collection :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen an orange eyeliner before. The color is so pretty! You should do an eye look with it and show us how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright pencils, glad to own this one... and I'll think about posting an eye look, haven't ventured into that territory yet :)

      Delete