Monday, April 9, 2012

YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils

I'm going to keep this review fairly brief. I did not purchase this mascara, it was a gift with purchase when I acquired some nail polish at the YLS counter a while back. It retails for $36 CAD  ($30 USD) too pricey. But I do love a free treat, and the packaging alone is divine.
This volume effect mascara has pretty high reviews on sephora's website... I was looking forward to testing it. It comes in 5 different shades, my free shade is #8 Sublime Grey - deep slate grey.
A shot of the brush... described as... "The brush applicator combines nylon fibers of varying diameters for luxurious volume enhancement as never before."
With the first wear, I was happy this was a freebie. I don't like this at all. I don't know if it's just my tube, but the formula feels kind of dry, I need to go over and over and over again to deposit the color on my lashes. I do not feel I have any more volume, or definition that I'd like.

Below one eye with, one eye without... it looks ok... but it really isn't that great.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you Lucy-I don't care much for the formula. My daughter had a tube and I found it really goopy though-I think you got a dud. But it's so goopy that I find it hard to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good thing it was a free dud... 36 bucks for mascara feels too much

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the grey version but for years I used the black version and loved it. From what I remember it is quite a wet formula but my biggest issue was that it does dry out pretty quickly. It begins to be an expensive habit..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe that's my problem, I let it sit too long... but I didn't touch it or open it, so I didn't think it would dry out... oh well... I'll stick with YSL polish, it never disappoints :)

      Delete