Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sugared Maple times 2

I was picking a color for my weekly basket, when I realized I have two shades with the same name but from different companies. So I decided to compare them.

The shade name is Sugared Maple and both lipsticks were a gift with purchase from the respective company.
 In the tube Lancôme looks more creamy and dark, while Clinique looks a bit frosty.
 When it comes to swatching, Lancôme is definately more pigmented and red, while Clinique applies more on sheer side. But both are comfortable on the lips.
 I enjoy both shades, it just all depends on what I'm wearing, and how I'm feeling. But these two are the quintessential fall shades for me... summer is on it's way... they won't get much play these days...

4 comments:

  1. Funny how they have the same name and really do look quite similar, even though one appears darker and a bit more red than the other. Definitely a nice fall colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree... i wonder if one was inspired by the other :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Hmm If I had to pick I;ll go for the Clinique ^^

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't decide between the two... they both suit a certain autumn mood :)

      Delete