Tuesday, May 1, 2012

two basket routine

A while back I was stuck in a little bit of a makeup rut. I do not have a vanity or any space in our bedroom for my morning routine. I have a makeup drawer, yup just one (but I also have a nail polish drawer :)). Each morning I grab what I plan to wear from the drawer and apply it in front of a bathroom mirror.
I think that was part of my problem, the products I was reaching for were easy to access and no brainers. Well that has changed, I have a basket now. Each Sunday, products get changed out, not all, but quite a few, and what's in a basket I wear that week.
This week in the basket:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Ex-press
Lancôme Tropiques Minerale in Natural Suntan
Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation Spf 34 Sunscreen (shade 04)
YSL Blush Variation 1AA #2
Tarte Clean Slate
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup in 20 Beige
Givenchy Blush Gelee
Exuberance Helichrysum Silicone-Free Makeup Primer
CHANEL Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille 82
Laura Mericer mini Camouflage in 02
Laura Mercier Lip Shine in Naked Apricot
Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Kissed Lips
 So I drag my basket and this little organizer which holds all my brushes, eye pencils, eye primer, Beauty Blender, eyelash curler, mascara, and pencil sharpener. Brushes in the front right pocket are my everyday weekly brushes, they also get changed out each Sunday :)

8 comments:

  1. this is so clever, and definitely a good way to make sure you don't waste products :)
    I'm going to spend my afternoon searching for some baskets! :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I like my new system... I'm rediscovering my old favorites :)

      Delete
  2. I have a desk where I sit and do my homework and makeup lol. It's a desk- its my space for the huge pile of books I use for school. But- this idea seems pretty good. I tend to stick to newer stuff sometimes and leave things that need to be finished up for last. Not good... Love the products in the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have the same problem, using the new ignoring the old :) this is giving me the motivation to pull out the old stuff... like that Givenchy blush, I've had it for a year, time to use it up and make room :)

      Delete
  3. Great products!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your blog is beautiful Marcela :)

      Delete