Sunday, June 10, 2012

Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins

This is another shampoo out the 4 I currently use. It is from one of my fave brands Klorane.

My hair goes through phases. It has it's growing phase, and just a touch of stress will throw into a tail spin of thinning and shedding madness, that makes me all panicky. Currently I'm stuck in a bit of a stress phase... so I purchased a shampoo to help me address my issues.

This concoction from Klorane is aimed at "revitalizing and strengthening, lifeless, weakened hair, complementary to hair loss treatments". I am not using any treatment, but I just liked the look and sound of this shampoo.

Bark from Cinchona pubescens Vahl. tree is naturally rich in Quinine which supposedly has powerful strengthening and astringent properties. Formulated in this shampoo it claims to restore vigor and hair resistance. I got all that from the back of the box :)

I enjoy the consistency and the scent of this shampoo. It smells so wonderful. Of course it's impossible for me to describe it other that to say the fragrance is unisex, and appealing. No flowers no sweetness, it's more like cologne... hahahaha... horrible, horrible analogy. The scent only lasts for as long as you shampoo, after a clean rinse and condition I no longer detect it... but I do wish that I did :) Hair feels clean and fluffy... it's still falling out... but I'm hoping it will stop soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is also one of my favorite shampoo's. If your hair is "falling out" you should alternate this with Nioxin. That should do the trick.

    As for the scent of Klorane, yea it is actually very nice, kind of like a masculine fragrance actually. This is kind of a knock off of Pinaud Quinine Elexir Shampoo which you can no longer get, but was the shampoo that James Bond liked.

    ReplyDelete