Monday, September 3, 2012

Essie: Pink Glove Service - nail polish swatch

Pink Glove Service is a translucent nail polish. More like a top coat with a touch of pink.  When I read the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke, a character named Piper supposedly soaked his nails in rose water every single night, which gave his nails a pinkish tinge.  That's what I thought his nails looked like when I wore Pink Glove Service on its own.  Very subtle, very delicate, but your nails are definitely a bit pinkier.
In the swatches I tried to capture the subtle pink of this polish, by only painting two of my nails and leaving two bare. I had hard time photographing such a light shade, but trust me in person, your nails definitely have a pink tinge to them.
On my nails 3 coats of Pink Glove Service, no base coat, no top coat... This shade is extremely translucent, but I love the healthy supper shiny finish on my nails... Perfect for those days/events when you want a nice polished nail with barely any color.
after I applied the polish on my other digits I put a drop of Zoya Hurry Up on each nail.... I felt as if my nails got just a tad more pink than before...

7 comments:

  1. *subtle, not settle :)

    Thanks for the great swatches....I was on the fence about this color but I think I will buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I really mean it :) it's one of three words my brain goes totally dyslexic over, and sometimes no matter how carefully I re-read my posts I never catch it...

      Delete
    2. this grammar mistake (along with a couple of others) is most likely all over this blog :)

      Delete
  2. Where can I purchase this color from? I really like the polish without the polish look. Its very natural looking in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I've seen Essie brand at salons as well... happy hunting :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! Thanks for the great photos.

    ReplyDelete