Friday, September 21, 2012

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

I don't know why I can't find this foundation in Toronto stores.. we have many Shiseido counters, yet none of them have this in stock.

I first learned of it on youtube a couple of years ago. Couldn't really order it online because I didn't trust the shade guide, and a good thing I didn't. While in Chicago we stopped by Macy's and tested out 4 most likely shades. Now usually I'm 2nd shade in when it comes to foundation, but 20 in this range was way too light, according to my sister it made me look powdery. Number 50 was my best match... crazy. So I definitely recommend swatching and sampling before buying.

Now this is the best summer/beach foundation ever. At this time the best foundation period. I love it. It contains spf, I wear it during the day. Never actually had it photographed at night but I'm thinking it might result in ghost face. However for day wear this stuff is fabulous, "magical" according to the SA, and I agree. It stays put really, really well... is water, sweat, and oil resistant; non-comedogenic, great coverage with a soft matte finish that I really love.

Needs to be shaken up really well before use. I apply it with my fingers and depending on the day, my mood, how rushed I feel, sometimes I go over it with my Beauty Blender of buffing brush.  It came with a little container and a sponge, cute, but I haven't used it.

A 30ml (1 fl oz) container set me back approximately $35USD, well worth it. I wish I picked up a backup.

2 comments:

  1. I want to get this one for vacations! I think it would be great for walking around all day outside. I think we can't get it here in Canada because of the SPF. SPF products need their own DIN # like drugs and Shiseido probably doesn't want the hassle of getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh that explains the lack of it on our shelves :) and yes absolutely perfect vacation foundation :)

      Delete