Wednesday, October 10, 2012

a little Thanksgiving haul…

It's really terrible of me to be at the mall on a holiday (that would be this past Monday)… my excuse is really lame, and it's no excuse at all… I just wanted to browse Sephora… it felt like it's been a while. Six of these items are from that browsing session, and one I included because it was acquired on Sunday at Vineland ARTfest, on our way to see family.

These are some of my favorite lines. Ones I tend to gravitate to first when I'm looking for something new or to replenish an old favorite.
 
In no particular order, my haul consists of:

Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes - I'm running low on makeup wipes... the "age defying" phrase got me. Plus I've used these before and liked them.

Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic - Running out of my current toner, so I decided to try something new. To date everything I've tried from Boscia I've loved. Hope this will be another one.

Jurlique Hand Cream Trio - One tube retails for $31 CAD, it just made sense to buy a pack of three. I've always been curious about this pricey natural line. I can never have enough hand cream, this seemed like a good start. Three flavors in this package: Rose, Citrus, and Lavender. Sampled all three at Sephora. First impression rich and delicious, just what I want :)

Josie Maran Argan Luscious Lips - I sleep with gloss on. It started one night, when I realized I run out of lip balm. Now I can't stop… even if I put lip balm on, I tend to top it off with gloss before hitting the sack. A couple of times my gloss ended up on my pillow, but no biggie, I do laundry… it comes out easily. Back to the point, JM stuff is beautiful, and when I saw this liquid gold gloss I din't think twice about getting it.

YSL Volupté Sheer Candy, Glossy Balm Crystal Color in Sweet Fig #07- I'm not sure if it really should cost that much, but my gosh the packaging is gorgeous. I chose this color, once I saw it on Sandra from 15 steps, then a beauty blog. It's such a beautiful shade, but I wandered Sephora aisles for a full 15min before I decided it to get it… ah it hurts to pay $38 CAD  for a glorified lip balm, even it it's a beautifully packaged YSL lip balm :) . My swatches coming soon.

Caudalie - Traded in some points for this sample box which includes: cleansing water, vinosource s.o.s thirst-quenching serum, and vinosource moisturizing sorbet. Winter is coming, even my oily skin will need some moisturizing eventually :)

Earth to Body Clay Neem - Acquired at the ARTfest. Powdered clay for face and body. My sisters love this line, and this product appealed to me :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I look forward to your swatches of the YSL lip balm! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waiting for a sunny day to get some good natural light shots :)

      Delete
  2. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the YSL balm. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am very optimistic... lol... i think it's because I don't want to feel like I've wasted my money :)

      Delete