Friday, October 12, 2012

A taupe dupe I didn't know I had - Laura Mercier's Alloy and Burberry's Rosewood

So one gray morning I feel all taupe. I don't know why but I thought it will be interesting to combine cream and powder. I haven't used either product in a little while, and without even contemplating if they go together I grabbed Laura Mercier's Alloy and Burberry's Rosewood.
 
 First I slapped on Alloy all over my lid. Then I coated my blending brush with Rosewood and started to work it into my outer corner and crease…. except I couldn't see it… the colors match so closely that I couldn't tell where I put Rosewood on. With more back and forth action, eventually my outer corner darkened slightly, but I think it's a result of the metallic finish of Alloy becoming muted by the satin finish of Rosewood.

Below a comparison swatch on my arm… see what I mean...
 Yes Alloy is metallic while Rosewood is not... but seriously they are the same shade, different finish.
 So what I'm trying to say is that these two colors are so extremely similar that if you own one you really don't need the other… unless of course you do… in which case, carry on :)

4 comments:

  1. ooooh I love the Laura Mercier one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You know, thanks for this because I was thinking of getting this creme colour, but now I don't have to! Cream eyeshadows usually don't last on me anyways. You've saved me money!

    ReplyDelete