Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Live Clean Exotic Nectar Body Lotion

There is only one thing that I like about this body lotion… the price. I bought this tube at a health show for $4.00. The fact that this purchase was cheaper than a latte at Starbucks is the only reason I don't regret it.

While the price was right, everything else about this product is just wrong for me. I am a body moisturizer snob :) Very particular in my preferences, and what I thought I could get used to, I just can't. Namely this is just too thin for me. I like my body products on the thicker side, this is just plain runny. While easy to spread, it's just doesn't satisfy me.

The scent is also driving me a bit crazy. It seems while it was nice sampled on the back of my hand, it's just a bit much when I cover my whole body with it. Some will find it overpowering (like I do), some will love it, it's on the sweet heady tropical side.

So as you can gather from this short post, there will be no repurchase. Thumb down for the product consistency. I'm sure I'm a minority in this, I know plenty of people who love a light thin lotion, in that case go for it, and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting I do prefer a thick layer of cream all over! Talking of Scents I tried the Peach Body butter from the Body Shop, now I can't stand the smell of it - makes me totally want to vomit! I've got like 4 tubs to get through now...tut tut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see i know... even though i paid only $4 for it, i'm trying to use it up... but scents don't translate when you have to slather them all over your body :)

      Delete
  2. During the summer I try to stick to these light moisturizers, if not I sweat so much more. But I love thick creams that actually do their job! I can't stand it when I use a cream and it disappears within the hour and my skin goes back to being dry. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm a thick cream girl year round, sweat or not... lol...

      Delete