Sunday, November 18, 2012

earth to body skin nutrition - clay neem

Before I talk about the product itself, let me summarize this company a bit for you. Earth to Body is all about natural, organic, and fair trade. Most of their products are plant based, and they have an excellent selection of vegan and gluten-free products. What they include in their skincare is just as important as what they don't. Everything is formulated without: "sulphates, parabens, polysorbates, fragrances, perfumes, dyes or harsh preservatives".

My sisters love it, and while I will never give up my more chemically based cosmetics (or at least I don't think I will :)), I do like to mix it up a bit.

Since my first concern when it comes to my skin is acne, then aging; my venture into this natural Canadian company starts with a product that aims to purify and detoxify.

Clay-Neem is a fine greenish powder. It contains only 3 ingredients:
1. French Green Clay - Suitable for all skin types, it has antibacterial and anitmicorbial properties, great for removing excess oil, dirt, and toxins
2. Oatmeal - Soothing properties.
3. Neem Powder - Soothing, antibacterial, animicrobial properties; good cleanser for acne prone skin types.
As to the benefits and what this little jar can do for you… well the company has a whole list:
- cleanses and revitalizes
- antimicrobial and antibacterial cleanser
- removes dirt and impurities from the skin, allowing skin to breathe and glow
- smoothes and softens the skin
- tones the skin giving it a youthful appearance
- removes excess skin oils
- absorbs toxins and bacteria
- cleans acne prone skin
- exfoliates dead skin cells
- removes grime lodged in facial lines
- has a purifying, nourishing and restorative action
- soothing after sunburn, chemotherapy or radiation
- soothing on rosacea, eczema, psoriasis
- soothes hives, poison ivy
- provides nutrients to the living layers of cells in the dermis
So I use this product in two ways:
1. I mix equal parts powder and water to make a face mask. Apply on cleansed skin wait for it to dry and gently rinse off. It really sucks up oils, leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. If you don't wish for the mask to dry on your face but want the benefits with a little extra, mix the powder with honey.

2. I add a heaping teaspoonful of this (sometimes two) to my bath water, and soak all the impurities away. I tend to mix it with a random bubble bar from Lush, since a bath is not a proper bath if I don't have lots of bubbles :)

A 190ml jar retails for $14 CAD, really good price, and I think this might become a staple on my bathroom shelf.

If you wish to explore this company further on your own they have a website you can find HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. me too... looking forward to the one of a kind show so I can get myself another jar :)

      Delete