Monday, November 26, 2012

it cosmetics celebration foundation

I didn't believe in powder form foundation. I just assumed that there is no way I can get the coverage I need from a powder vs cream or liquid. That is until I tried IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation.
Now I purchased this sight unseen and untested from the Shopping Channel. All I had to go by is their shade mapping chart, demonstrations, and online reviews. I don't think I would have bought this on its own, but the Showstopper made it all worth it. Even if this product turned out the be a failure, the brushes alone included in the set made up for it.

The packaging is nice and sturdy mattified-rubberized double level compact with a sponge applicator. I haven't used the sponge at all, I prefer my brush.
 
This stuff is talc-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free. I'm not sure what all of the next part means but the packaging states that this is 'full-coverage anti-aging foundation with hydrolyzed collagen, peptides and drops of light technology' along with 'niacinadmine, hyalournic filling spheres, antioxidants, rose, silk, and aloe'. So the package identifies this as full coverage, but really it all depends on how much you apply… this can be anything from sheer to full.

I have worn this daily for the past 6 weeks or so. I moisturize, prime (or not, depending on how rushed I feel), conceal, then use my IT Cosmetics brush to buff this in. I have the color Light-Medium and I must say I feel it's a tad too dark for me, but workable. I'm fair with light yellow undertones, but a lot of redness in my skin as well.
The formulation of this foundation is amazing. This being my only powder foundation, I can't say if this is unique to this product or if all powder foundations have this incredible smoothness to them. This product is extremely finely milled, it's beyond powder, it's silk for your skin. It blends in so well, doesn't settle into pores or lines, and doesn't look powdery either.

This foundation somehow continues to melt and fuse with your skin, because it just looks better an hour or so after application. I also feel that the coverage improves slightly as well. 

Even-though I do have to blot sometime during the day, this holds up really well and and still looks good when I get home from work, no settling, no migrating, absolutely no splitting…. I just can't get over how incredible this stuff is. I finally understand the phrase "looks like your skin, only better" :).

I've also dusted this onto my face on top of liquid foundation for a bit of extra coverage on days that I needed it. The effect was a more even complexion, but I didn't feel as if I had 5lbs of makeup on.  I really like this stuff.

There is a slight downer, currently supply can't seem to meet demand. I hope this is only temporary, because I feel I need this in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment