Tuesday, November 6, 2012

necessities and treats haul

So time shifting occurred Nov. 4 and an extra hour allowed us all to sleep in on Sunday morning, without actually sleeping in :)

It is one of my favorite days of the year; when I look at my watch and say "oh wow it's already 4:30" and my husband says "no it isn't, you didn't adjust your watch, it's actually 3:30"… :)

Anyways seems that extra hour, allowed me to do some extra shopping on Sunday. Quick run down of what I felt my pennies were worth exchanging for:
L'Occitane Milk Extra-Gentle Soap with Shea butter - 3 bars (I like to have backups). It is the only bar soap we purchase. I purchased my first one years ago (I think more than 5) upon recommendation of my esthetician at the time, and haven't switched brands since. It's my husband's HG, he loves it, and it's a must have in his life.

L'Occitane Rose Soap - a tiny bar we picked up because 100% of the proceeds go to charity that helps finance eye health projects in developing countries. Should have picked up a couple more.

Jurlique Age Prevention Trio - I'm starting to love this line, and this set is such a good deal; $72 CAD 3 products: 1.7oz jar of Herbal Recovery Night Cream (reg. $62 CAD), 0.5oz bottle of Herbal Recovery Gel (1oz bottle retails for $62 CAD), and .2oz tube of Herbal Recovery Eye Cream (0.5oz retails for $50 CAD)... I hope my skin responds favorably to these :)

Bumble and Bumble Creme De Coco Conditioner - I wanted something heavier that I can alternate with my regular  Phyto. The delicious coconut scent of this one, won me over... a bit of tropics for sub-zero weather that's fast approaching :) 

Kheil's Creme de Corps - 1 lt bottle. I loved the scent and texture of my Rose CocoVie, but I just used it up in record time. So I repurchased Kheil's; texture and moisturizing power of this lotion also make me happy. Plus this size will last me for about 6 months, not a couple of weeks :) 

Anthony Logistics for Men Shaving Cream - a Jay purchase... seems there is a difference between a shaving cream you get in a drug store and something a bit more upscale. He's almost done with a tube of Zirh (which he loved), but still decided to try something new.

CHANEL Malice Nail Colour - saw swatches online and had to have it

CHANEL Mystery Glossimer
- gorgeous color 

Guerlain Nail Lacquer in Altoum (03) and Lou-Ling (04) - I own shade 01, and 02 from the summer collection. This is 03, and 04… so it's not so much the colors that had me saying yes to these (however they are very pretty), as the compulsion to have a complete collection :)

Diorific Vernis in Marilyn - I wanted Diva, black with gold shimmer, but it has sold out… well in the 3 stores I went to anyways. I checked online, and while I do have a 'polish problem' it is not so severe as to spend $65-$130 on a bottle of polish, which is what Diva is retailing for currently online. I really just wanted one, for the gorgeous bottle, (it looks like a tree decoration), so I bought the red, and I'm happy with my choice.

Kheil's Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm - another Jay purchase. Cold weather can do a nasty number on your kisser if not protected... something new for Jay to try. He has washed Dr. Haushka one too many times... he's banned from owning an $18 lip balm for a little while :)

All this shopping came with a hoard of samples...
I'm quite excited to try a few specifically everything I received from Kheil's :) Also the sample of Guerlain's latest fragrance has me trying to justify a purchase... black cherry, black rose, patchouli, and smoked tea make for a wonderful fragrance cocktail :)

4 comments:

  1. This post has made me reallyyyyy want to go shopping :P I love L'Occitane so I want to try that soap :) Great haul x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's worth the splurge if you can afford it ($14 CAD a bar)... it lasts a really long time as well :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. haul posts are some of my favorite ones to read... so I feel compelled to share mine as well :)

      Delete