Friday, November 16, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color in Sweet Fig #07

So I have absolutely no regrets with this purchase, just pain in my wallet for forking over $38 CAD for it :)
Sephora blurb:
"This balm dresses your lips in a sheer veil of brilliant color boosted with vitamin- and antioxidant-rich fruit extract. Its ultra-light, sensual texture leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated for up to eight hours and is ideal for year-round use."
Sweet Fig is a gorgeous sheer brick red. It's such a perfect fall color, but also a perfect natural oomph for your lips. Applied lightly it gives you that natural just better lip color with a touch of sheen. Layered a bit it intensifies but only slightly and it just gets more gorgeous. I've slathered this on, layer upon layer it doesn't get much more intense than the swatches below :) But nice color payoff for a product marketed as a "sheer lip balm".
Texture is unbelievable. I absolutely agree with "light and sensual". You feel as if you're wearing nothing at all on your lips. It's not sticky, and nicely moisturizing. It feels so good on. Application is the 'sensual' part… soooo incredibly smooth… melts on your lips. And lets not forget the scent and taste, it's deliciously refreshingly fruity. Just one of the reasons I keep reapplying and reapplying all day long.
But personally I don't get 8 hours of wear from it. Not even close… 3-4 is my max. I'm not disappointed by it, it's a sheer lip balm, I never expected it to last more than that. Or maybe I'm just an oblivious lipstick eater :) Either way, if you get 8 hours of wear, yay for you… I don't, but reapplying this is such a pleasure, that I don't care :)
I might need to restock on this gorgeous shade eventually, maybe even try a couple of other colors. But I'll try to hang on to my wallet until I find myself south of the border on vacation… according to Sephora it's only $30 USD for American beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment