Thursday, January 3, 2013

Disney Cinderella Collection by Sephora Compact

This was spotted at Sephora by my husband while we were doing our holiday shopping last month... (I miss the holidays)... I wasn't aware but Sehora had a whole exclusive Disney Cinderella collection, this being just one of the many items. Regardless my husband picked this up and said "you need it" :) I couldn't agree more.  It's a compact mirror, and I really needed to replace the current one I had, which was really, just half of a compact, all beat up and ugly.
It cost me $24 CAD, and as far as I know is no longer available... but I might be wrong on that one. The packaging is really gorgeous and just pulls you in.
According to Sephora this compact is mirrored after the clock at the ball that ends Cinderella's spell. For me it also brings to mind the compass from "The Golden Compass" :) Either way it's gorgeous. Has really nice heft to it, and feels very substantial. The middle part is actually faceted, but it isn't visible in my photos.

The only flaw in this compact, which I find quite funny, and it doesn't take anything away from the beauty of it (for me at least), is the incorrect number 4 numeral. I'm not sure if it's actual design mistake, or if it was done on purpose but 4 is not supposed to be "IIII" but "IV"...
A lovely touch on the inside of the compact, it the "time for your moment" quote on one of the mirrors.
The compact contains two mirrors the one with the quote is a regular 1x magnification, the other is larger, but I'm not sure by how much. Still you can see it by the reflection of the faux fur I photographed it on.
I really love this compact, and glad my hubby knows me so well as to keep his eye open for items I miss :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful compact! The details on the lid are so pretty. :-)
    Happy new year! Hope your 2013 is off to a fantastic start! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love taking this out to reapply my lipstick :)
      The year is definitely off to a great start, I hope yours is too :)

      Delete