Friday, January 4, 2013

Evil Eye Bow Necklace

So I have been looking for an evil eye bracelet for over three years now.

I have a problem (one of many I've been told),  I imagine something in my mind first, then I go shopping for it. This happens with regards to anything, clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, home decor... the thing is what exists in my mind, does not exist in stores when I want to buy it... and so I get frustrated and exasperated... but it does tend to save me money.

When I actually found what I was looking for (a year ago or so), I was so excited... then I looked at the price tag and my heart hit the floor... it is a very pretty bracelet, but not pretty enough to justify debt. So I packed it away in the back of my mind, for a day that may never come :)

A week ago my husband presented me with this little trinket. Not a bracelet but a necklace. I didn't even know I'd like one until I saw this. This is so much fun, it's unique, and at the same time a bit freaky, and I love it. It also didn't cost an arm and a leg. Those are not diamonds but glass, and that's not rose gold, it's rose gold colored metal... it only cost him $29.99 :) A very smart purchase indeed :)

5 comments:

  1. I really like this, it's so different to anything I've seen before. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. my husband bought it at Winners... it's a chain of off-price Canadian department stores, where one can find anything from clothes, to shoes, to home wares, to jewelry at a reduced price. Sadly they don't sell online, as each store is different and once something is sold it's gone... but the packaging said made in Turkey.

      Delete