Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

This was an item from this set. My bottle is half the size of the one sold separately. Still a nice amount of product. I have been using this every single morning for about 2 months now, and I feel it deserves a quick write up.

First what it is and what it promises. Well it's a gel type moisturizer. Very lightweight and fast absorbing. It promises to keep skin hydrated, even, soft and firm at the same time :), as well as revitalized.

I agree with all of the above. This gel is lovely.
I warm up 1 pump of this stuff, between my fingers each day, and gently tap into my face after it has been cleansed, toned, and treated. It feels very comfortable on the skin, and sinks in almost immediately.

I have a lot of post cystic acne scarring, with an occasional visitor now and then (which you can see if you've watched any of my videos). My skin is far, far from perfect, and this has been good. Anyone with redness, aggravation, or sensitivity will appreciate the soothing effects this has. While occasionally I do get a breakout, I am positive this has not been the cause. On contrary, I believe this is another beneficial item in my regimen that prevents those red spots from appearing (which I am convinced are caused by wacky female hormones and stress).
Jurlique is organic, good for your skin, good for the environment, bad for your wallet :) A 1oz bottle retails for $48 CAD. Still it makes my face feel really nice and comfortable, and while I know I will stray, I am marking this down as something to go back to when one day it will once again become irritated by my lack of commitment and consistency.
Lastly the product lacks all of the following:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, shame about the price. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm almost done with my bottle... makes me a bit sad.

      Delete