Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream

This is the one item that was full sized in this set.

It's a night cream as stated on the packaging that aims to provide lasting hydration, inhibit free radicals, and protect your skin from everyday pollution.

It has a lovely rich (yet light) consistency, pleasant herbal scent, and creamy white color. This has been my night cream for almost two months now. After I cleanse (first with Boscia oil, then with a foaming cleanser), tone, and treat, I dab a little bit of this on my index finger, emulsify and warm up, then gently tap into my face and neck.

It is quickly absorbed by my skin, does not feel tacky or heavy.  I wake up to a nice even, relaxed complexion. My t-zone isn't an oily mess, which tends to happen with hydrating night creams on my face. Any breakouts look a lot calmer, scars look paler, skin just feels supple and youthful… then the day starts and it all evaporates as it goes along. But before I know it the evening rolls around once again, and the regiment starts anew :)
I love this cream. It really takes care of my face, "herbal recovery" no doubt, it feels healing. I don't think I want to give it up, but I do want to pair it with another product. Something that claims to resurface my face in 30 days (acne scars are a bitch); but it makes my ribs hurt every-time I think about the price (reason why I haven't bought it yet, when I do, I'll be sure to share).

However Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream is simply awesome. Worth having, worth splurging… it's not cheap $48 CAD for a 1oz jar… but not a bank breaker either (for me personally that is). Because I am of the mind, if it really works/delivers I am willing to pay.
Of course this being an organic skin care line, this cream does not contain:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

Delicious ingredient list and their benefits (from sephora.com):

-Beach tree Bud Extract: Known to help improve hydration in the skin by increasing oxygen levels to help maintain and lock-in moisture leaving your skin looking and feeling radiant and healthy.

-Sodium Hyaluronate: Helps retain and maintain moisture in skin, which aids in improved suppleness and firmness. Assists in rejuvenating the appearance of dry, dull-looking skin

-Glycerin: A natural humectant derived from plant oils to restore moisturisation to the skin. Glycerin helps to maintain the water balance of the skin, keeping your skin conditioned and healthy-looking.

-Moth Bean Extract: This seed extract has effects similar to Retinol (Vitamin A); helps to support natural collagen production and refine skin texture to enhance radiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment