Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Phyto Phytoprogenium Intelligent Frequent Use Shampoo

I picked this up at Sephora in December... $27 for a bottle is a lot... but my hair is short and fine, I don't need a lot of product, and I like to show it a lot of love.

Since Phyto makes one of the best smelling conditioners out there... I wanted a shampoo to compliment it. This bottle reads so wonderful, some of the ingredients contained within it are: progenium, olive leaf extract, oat milk, and 44% of mallow extract.

Now according to the packaging, progenium helps to preserve the good bacteria on your scalp and reduce the bad kind. It reinforces the natural defense system of your scalp, and the more often you use it, the healthier your scalp gets.

This is a frequent use shampoo for all hair types. Excellent as I need to wash my hair daily. Currently I alternate it with my Kolrane Shampoo with Oat Milk.

And how do I like it?.... a lot... a lot... a lot. This shampoo is simply lovely, it cleanses, it nourishes, it makes my hair soft and shiny. It's gentle and effective and the product itself is worth the money.

But the packaging needs some rethinking. It is an aluminum bottle with a screw cap... so the opening is quite sizable. The product is runny, it's very easy to pour out more than you need, then try to pour some back in without it running down the side of the bottle.  It can feel wasteful... and it bothered me since the price tag is steep, so I transferred mine to an empty Kolrane shampoo bottle I had.  But  I'd like it if Phyto redesigned it... ala Kolrane style or maybe their conditioner style packaging would be more practical I think.
Oh yeah the scent... fabulous... not flowery... clean and classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment