Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion

I blame the craving to try this line on Cate Blanchett... she's the spokesperson for this line for a number of years now, and her skin is absolutely gorgeous.

SK-II is based around one main ingredient... Pietra. It a liquid that is naturally-derived from the sake yeast fermentation process.  Supposedly the line was created by a scientist who discovered this ingredient after visiting a sake brewery and noticing the incredible youthful looking hands of the workers. So I'm incorporating this line slowly into my regimen, beginning with this product.

Now the name is deceiving if you are expecting a "lotion" the way we know it, you'll be disappointed, this is a toner, a clear unscented (to my nose) liquid. A gorgeous no-alcohol, no-sulfates, no-GMO toner. As many of you know I have struggled with acne since I hit puberty eons ago, and this while too soon to hail as a miracle product, has been pretty wonderful. It conditions, it purifies, it doesn't dry out, it's a must have for me every single night.

This toner does contain salicylic acid as it is aimed for problematic skin, and while in itself that's nothing groundbreaking, combined with this Pietra ingredient, it does make my skin feel smoother and clearer.

Now for some bad news. This line is quite detrimental to your wallet, but I'm saving and will repurchase this toner ($60 CAD), and eventually try a couple of other items I have on my list.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... I've been wanting to try this line for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too giving in was so satisfying but not for my pocket :)

      Delete
  2. I want to try something so badly from the line! This sounds lovely. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm on a sk-ii, la prairie quest... so basically broke in a few months :)

      Delete