Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Rose Favorite

I found my self at the Chanel counter at Holt Renfrew (Bloor St. location) a little while ago... browsing the 2013 spring collection... purchased an eye pencil, a bottle of nail polish... and this single eyeshadow after some contemplation.

I was there with my husband, I swatched this shadow with my finger, and just wasn't sure... it's pink, will I use it? how often will I actually reach for it? will it make me look like I have some eye rash? it's pretty but is it beautiful enough to justify the price?

Janette was in the process of cashing me out, when Jay made the decision I was torn about, and said "she'll take one of these too" :)...

This is my second single eye shadow from Chanel, and I have no regrets about buying yet.
It's a really lovely matte petal pink shadow... which could double as a blush if I were so inclined. But I'm not I have enough blushes as it is already... enough but never enough :)
I've been wearing it quite a lot lately with a shade of brown or gray, over a base of shimmery champagne cream shadow or just over a primer... it's so pretty and versatile. Below a couple of swatches, one in natural light (but it was overcast), one with flash... I find that pinks like purples sometimes are hard to photograph, and capturing the color accurately can be a challenge, but I did my best.
This shadow is incredibly finely milled, and very soft and buttery to apply. It blends out beautifully, and wears the whole day. It is a limited edition item, so may not be available anymore... and while at the higher end of the price spectrum, glad I own it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment