Monday, February 18, 2013

Givenchy Mister Eyebrow - Eyebrown Fixing Pencil

I picked this up at Sephora because I buy into the whole "wax is essential to keeping my brows groomed". 

Every morning I use Brow-express from Anastasia, that I bought way back.  The wax was the first thing I used up, the highlighter has serious amount of pan showing, but I still haven't hit pan on the shadows. I think I just got so used to setting my brows that I had to purchase something.  It was a toss up between a clear mascara and wax.

In the end I chose a wax pencil from Givenchy, because this brand doesn't have enough presence in my collection.  It's not a very big pencil, but has a pretty hefty price tag of $26 CAD.
Every single morning, after I've filled in my brows I run this over them. It smoothly glides on, darkening my brows slightly.  But it doesn't feel necessary.  I don't know... I just don't feel as if my brows would go haywire if I didn't set them. It think it's a slight oc behavior on my part, that I feel I need this.
So, in the end, nice pencil, steep price tag... like it, but won't repurchase... I don't think...

6 comments:

  1. Cool product!!! I haven't had much luck with the brand except for their lipsticks. For my brow, I use wax-based pencils and they work fine for me. But then my brows aren't that well-groomed :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my brows could use some professional shaping as well :) I want to try a foundation from Givenchy... but I want to swatch before I buy, and my Sephora doesn't carry their liquid foundations :(

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I've always looked at this pencil but my angry brows need serious stay putting. I use the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel-it's the only thing that works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i might give that a go next time... i like anastasia products :)

      Delete
  3. This looks cool, but I need more of a brow gel for mine to set. I love the Benefit Speed Brow personally. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many options out there, I'll check out Benefit as well :)

      Delete