Friday, February 22, 2013

La Roche-Posay Redermic [R]

As a thirty something woman, who's noticing signs of maturity (aka wrinkles :)), yet still suffers from acne, I've invested in a treatment with retinol to try and minimize (erase) the appearance of both.

I purchased Redermic from La Roche-Posay because I credit this line with getting my skin under control; and so I felt optimistic about this anti-aging product. It's pricey but not excessively so, around $55 for a 30ml tube.
It contains 0.1% of pure retinol plus something that LRP refers to as "retinol booster complex". This is a lightweight, cream colored lotion, that I apply every single morning. Of course the makeup (and or cream) that goes on top contains spf, as retinol does make you  more sensitive to sunburn. Non-greasy and fast absorbing are great qualities and it delivers on both. It hasn't erased my wrinkles, but I do feel they are not as pronounced, and only time will tell for how long Redermic will be able to keep them at bay. I also feel it has slightly improved my acne scarring... other then actual dermatological interference I don't think much can be done about that damage on my face.

But on another positive, while labeled "intensive", my skin has not been irritated at all. Maybe I have rhino thick epidermis :) Either way, don't assume the same can be said for you, retinol is powerful stuff and should be used with caution. On that note, pregnant and breastfeeding women should absolutely stay clear of any product containing this stuff. I hear it's not so good for a growing human.  But as I have no plans on becoming impregnated in the near future, I'll stick with this for a little while longer :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting, I'm not sure I can this here but I am going to look more into it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LPR is a fave brand of mine that I can get at the drugstore :)

      Delete