Thursday, March 14, 2013

IT Cosmetics IT-O2 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen Foundation

This is my current fave foundation. It was part of a Showstopper that I purchased from the Shopping Channel a little while ago. My, I was very excited to try this. 

First a little bit of product knowledge gained from the packaging.  This and other IT cosmetics products is cruelty free and not tested on animals.  It is filled with such wonderful ingredients as peptides, hyaluronic acid, niacin, hydrolyzed collagen, and vitamins A, C, E.  It brings hydration to your skin, blurs imperfections with IT Cosmetics Drops of Light Technology, and claims to be a facial in a bottle :)

Now for my thoughts. First the packaging. It is all plastic, and feels a little bit cheap and flimsy. The product is protected form oxidizing with the airtight pump, and dark brown plastic. Sometimes my pump "catches" and no product will come out, but so far with a few more presses the catch is released. I'm hoping it won't break before I'm all done with it.

Impression of the product contained within. In a word AWESOME!!!  The texture is a gel like mousse. It does not run when you pump it out but it's not "thick" or "heavy" either, it just stays neatly in a little mound.  I apply this using my Sigma F82 round top kabuki brush. I find it rather light in coverage. It does not cover my spots but does manage to even out my redness very well.  It has the most beautiful finish, it blends so well that I can't tell that I'm wearing foundattion. It is dewy, feels extremely light and moisturizing.  Throughout the day I find that it does tend to fade a bit on me, but it doesn't travel, split, cake, or settle. And I feel the fading is due to my oil secreting epidermis and my need to blot.

This is my perfect winter foundation. I have oily/combination skin, but I still need hydration during dry winter months. This is ideal. My BB Cream that is not a BB Cream.  This is an anti-aging hydrating foundation, that nurtures my skin with no clogging, no breakouts, no irritation.

I will probably use all of it up before the beginning of summer (you'll see it in an empties video if I do :)). During our warm months I won't need it as it might prove to be too much. But once Canadian cool weather starts again, I sure hope Jamie has another Showstopper featuring this, because I'll be buying. I'll buy it regardless, I just love a deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment